DIY: Backpack Hooks

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Slowly but surely we are chipping away at our 2017 to-do list. We don't have a traditional mud room at our house but I love having an area where we can keep all our bags. And these days we have so many! Diaper bag, backpack, ballet bag, purse, messenger bag etc. Our laundry room is attached to our garage so it's where we dump everything.

After I painted the hallway off of our laundry room I added a mirror (from HomeGoods) and a friend suggested I add hooks for the kids' things. I loved her idea and found these chalkboard hooks. I wrote the kids' names and we used an extra piece of wood we had lying around from our new mantle to make more of a statement instead of an afterthought.
Sidenote: I can't believe I have THREE names to write on these hooks! Insert an ugly crying face here. 


For some reason the walls look pink in these pictures but they are definitely white. Must be the type of bulb I have in the overhead lights?! The paint is called Simply White by Benjamin Moore.


The hallway before. The walls matched the buffet which matched the floors...ha ha it was endless!
After

Before


Allllll the brown when we first moved in! Ha ha

You can catch a glimpse of our next project in the background! Adding wood molding to the dining room...so lucky that M is always on board with my schenanigans. :) 






For now we have a "changing station" on our buffet. Tis the season!
 Do you guys have a mud room or an area where you drop all your junk? How do you stay organized with kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!