Life Verses

Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Bible verse my mom chose for me is Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." I love when I see it at random times...on coffee mugs, in a sermon, on a postcard etc. It brings me peace and reminds me to delight in Him first and that my desires will shift to be more like His.

Matt and I chose life verses for each of our kids and I thought it would be fun to share them here with you.

Blair: Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. When Blair was born we struggled with having peace while she was in the NICU. This verse brought us so much comfort in a time of uncertainty and I hope it does the same for her.


Everly: Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer. Everly's verse is a daily reminder of how I want to be...joyful, patient, and faithful. I pray she leans on this when she experiences a season of waiting like I did. This verse encouraged me to turn from my anger, doubt, and fear and to instead rest in him who loves me.

Calvin: Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. We chose this verse specifically because of what it took to bring him into this world. We had to be confident in the Lord and turst in him even when things seemed hopeless. We want Cal to always remember that his hope remains in Jesus. We pray that he remains faithful even when his circumstances are hard. God always has a plan for us even though we don't always understand it. He is good all the time and cares for his children so much! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!